9.20.2012

19 And Counting, But Not Kids

Friends, family, coworkers, employers, brothers, sisters, acquaintances, friends' siblings, I finally made it all the way to 19. What a time it has been. So many wonderful things have happened in the past few months I wouldn't even know where to begin. Celebrating my birthday away from my parents for the first time was indeed very different, but in a good way. I  was worried that nothing was going to happen, no one would know I turned another year older, or worst of all, no one would care. I'm ashamed for even thinking that because this has hands down been one of the best birthdays ever. I got to make my own traditions and it was a great time to see how many friends I have made and how much they care about me. 

My wonderful, crazy roommates surprised me with a trip to the nail salon and a bite to eat! It was a great escape from this crazy campus and I just love them so much!

My dear brother, Garrett, was going to take me out to dinner tonight but unfortunately he had to cancel due to 'excessive amounts of homework'. I was a little bummed but I knew that just meant more time for me to study Anthropology! Yippie!! Not too long after this news came a new friend I made this year via Garrett, her name is Robbie, asked to take me out to ice cream and I was delighted to go! As Robbie, her friend, and I were walking to get ice cream I turned my head and what-do-ya-know! There is Garrett with all my friends throwing me a surprise party at a local cereal bar!! They pulled one over on me, but if we're being honest, I'm a little bit in love with surprises. They always make it a better day. 

To say the least, it was eventful and it was nice to see people care about me as selfish as that probable sounds. We had a grand ole time and I cannot wait for the next time we hang out!

This is me and Garrett at the cereal bar




No comments:

Post a Comment